September 17th, 2011
Opening Remarks By H.E. Dr. Talal Abu-Ghazaleh
Senator, Kingdom of Jordan
Chairman & CEO, Talal Abu-Ghazaleh Organization
• Thanks to the French authority for issuing the declaration to establish All4Palestine under the laws of association of July 1, 1901 and its implementing regulations of August 15, 1901.
• Thanks to the Institut du Monde Arabe (IMA) for hosting us and for providing us with all facilities for this launch.
• Thanks to my friends and my partners for founding this project H.E. Sabri Saidam and H.E. Hayel Fahoum. They have both put their resources and wisdom towards its development and its implementation. I owe it to them.
• I am honored to be with this distinguished group of leaders and I am grateful to you ladies and gentlemen for taking the time and effort and for traveling to participate in this historic event on this historic Saturday September 17th, 2011.
• Please permit me, honorable colleagues, to start by saying that this association is not a political movement, and will not take any stand on any political issue, and shall not be linked to any political entity in Palestine nor in any place in the world.
• Our sole mission is to develop a database of Palestinians who contributed to the global civilization in all walks of life, and to provide a platform for their mutual cooperation for greater services to humanity, including Palestine. We intend to build a showcase of Palestinian innovators that will demonstrate our pride in the outstanding achievements of our people.
• This is only the beginning. As an Arab Nationalist and a believer in the greatness of the Arab nation as well, we shall strive, at a later stage, to build a more comprehensive database of Arab distinguished leadership in all fields. The Palestinians are only one people of the Arab nation and are symptomatic of their brothers in the Arab world.
• I am pleased to announce that we have completed the development of the website and portal as you will see from the presentation. However, your input and advice will be much appreciated towards its enhancement and improvement.
• During the founding days, we have assembled, so far, a portfolio of over a thousand Palestinian distinguished achievers, and we are vetting many more.
• By the end of the day, I am hopeful that we shall all proudly announce the establishment of this association, in cyberspace, with Paris as its legal domicile, with secretarial offices in Paris and Amman, and with nodes all over the world.
• I invite you all during the coffee break for a memorial photograph as indeed this day may herald the beginning of a significant initiative that would demonstrate to the entire world that the Palestinians by culture will survive.
• After the coffee break, we shall develop together an operational plan including the election of a Provisional Board and a Chairman (noting that I am not a candidate, but will continue to serve as a faithful member). I call on Dr. Saidam to continue to lead as Coordinator. We need to elect our committee chairs. We also need to consider and agree on a date and location for holding the first conference, as well as a schedule of proposed events.
• I am overwhelmed with your support and honored with your presence. Together we can make this initiative succeed. Together the Palestinian innovators, achievers and leaders will join the world club of their peers in all fields of excellence. ALL FOR PALESTINE.